Coffeyy

 I love coffee. When I was in high school I used to drink a lot coffee and chicory essence iced coffees. Then I matured to "normal coffees", which are made from boiled water, coffee powder and dairy milk.

 I have a friend who drinks coffee with plant based milk, I'm curious as to why, I'll have to ask them. I just let the beans do the talking. Half of the time the coffee just meets the minimum standard for how coffee should taste, but sometimes its like, "Ooh, that tastes like walnut," and it makes it all worth it.

 Another friend of mine saw me making a coffee in the usual way and she told me I had to add the milk first before the boiled water, so I just had it black. I've worked at cafe's and made coffee for myself and I've always put the milk in last. Only one time have I scolded the milk and that was from using the milk frother, not from adding milk to boiled water.

 So, I went around drinking black coffee, but the weather was too hot, so I started drinking iced long blacks to be iconic. Coffee powder isn't great for making long blacks and eventually I got over drinking long blacks and being iconic, and I usually just have "normal coffees" or if I'm at a cafe I order a cappuccino or an iced late.

 There is also such a thing as a Vienna style coffee, which is black coffee with whipped cream on top. They're nice but a bit decadent. Would drink on special occasions.

 I was at a cafe and I overheard a barista talking about "an iced long black with licorice in it". On the way out I asked her about it and she had no idea what I was talking about. I've tried many times to make tea from fennel, licorice root, star anise, etc. and each time I tried it came out tasting not good.

 I ordered aniseed essence online and it never arrived at my address, so I ordered it a second time and it has just arrived. I put a few drops of it in a glass of cold black coffee that came in a bag at the Asian grocery store. Actually the first time I tried it I put too much in, but the second time around it came out delicious.

So there you go, an iced long black with aniseed essence.

Over and out,

Boss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maths Game.

Diablo II Hell Bovine Figurines

Artificial Sweeteners.